I am very happy to publish this post. Gregor Tarjan, Aeroyacht Founder, contacted me last year to let me know he was launching a supercatamaran project involving great naval architects Morelli and Melvin and to ask me if we could meet to talk about the project. We met in Paris during the boat show and Gregor decided to trust me with promoting the Aeroyacht 110. I am very proud to introduce this amazing yacht in the luxurycatamaran blog.
Long Island, New York (USA), February 16 th 2009.
Designed by Gregor Tarjan in collaboration with renowned Multihull architects team Morrelli & Melvin Design and Engineering Inc, the Aeroyacht 110 is today’s most innovative super yacht.
Gregor Tarjan, founder of Aeroyacht International Ltd: “I have long admired Wally yachts. Seeing nothing comparable to them among luxury catamarans, I decided it was time for me to launch my own supercatamaran. I have created the Aeroyacht 110 from scratch following the motto: no compromise on speed and beauty. She is the first model of a sleek new range (a 95′ and 125′ are in the works), representing the ultimate high-performance, supremely styled world traveler.
Some of the Aeroyacht 110 comfort innovations:
o A two seats Icon A5 amphibian sports plane launched from a specially designed platform.
o A 32’ wide salon with all around water views
o A private loggia at mast foot away from paparazzi…
Some of the Aeroyacht 110 design innovations:
o “Hatch modules “for air intake and exhaust while keeping a totally flush deck.
o A low profile semi-fly bridge for vessel commands and aesthetics
o 450 square feet of integrated solar panels…
Some of the Aeroyacht 110 technical innovations:
o Reverse bows preventing down force and reducing pitching.
o A competition wing-rig designed by world specialist Paul “Whirly” Van Dyke
o Double chined hulls for better vessel stability and esthetics…
The Aeroyacht 110 will offer race boats sailing sensations in a superyacht comfort environment and will not go unnoticed. She will be built by licensed shipyards around the world known for the quality of their work and their expertise in composite work.
AEROAYCHT® 110 Preliminary Specifications:
– LOA: 110.05’ – 33.55 m
– LWL: 106.7′ – 32.52
– BEAM: 44.04’ – 13.68 m
– Draft minimum: 6.4’ – 1.98 m
– Draft maximum: 12.8’ – 3.98 m
– Rig: Sloop Maxi Cat racing – carbon rotating wing mast and Park Avenue style boom.
– Total sail area: 7720 Ft² – 717.71 m²
– Furling systems: Reckman
– Displacement: 54.5 T – 120,000 lbs
– Engines: 2×330–440HP–YANMAR 6LY or FIAT N60 400
– Propeller: 3 blades feathering type, 24″- 60.9 cm
– Speed (max/cruise): 18 knot max, 15 knot cruise
– Fuel capacity: 2 x 425 US Gal – 2 x 1610.75 l
– Range: 1200 nautical miles at 12 knots
– Bow thrusters: none
– Generator: 2 x 20 – 30Kw – 60Hz – MASTERVOLT
– Water makers: (2) Spectra
– Freshwater capacity: 2 x 275 US Gal – 2 x 1042.25 l
– Grey/Black water capacity: 2 x 200 US Gal – 2 x 758 l
– Owner and guests: 6
– Crew: 4
– Tenders: 16’ Tender and/or Icon A5 amphibian sports-plane
– Paint: Awlgrip custom metallic
– Construction: Carbon / Kevlar
– Classification: ABS, MCA and Bureau Veritas
– Design & Conception: Gregor Tarjan, SNAME
– Naval architecture: Morrelli and Melvin Design and Engineering Inc
– Interior designer: Vincent Duchatelet
– Builder: Licensed Builders are : CNB – Bordeaux, France, Lyman Morse Yacht builders – Maine USA or Goetz Marine Custom Builders- Rhode Island, USA
Gregor has sailed more than 80,000 miles on multihulls and monohulls, crewed with such luminaries as Dennis Conner and Yves Parlier on boats ranging from America’s Cup yachts to 120′ monster cats. His professional background includes a degree in Yacht Design and a career as a project manager for builders of large yachts. His 300 page best-selling book “CATAMARANS” is an industry reference. As a USCG-licensed captain, merchant marine officer and member of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers he is author of numerous technical and seamanship articles. Top publishers such as Mc Graw Hill Companies consider him one of the world’s leading experts on catamarans. Gregor is also founder and president of Aeroyacht Ltd., an internationally recognized brokerage specializing in cruising multihulls and large luxury catamarans.
Morrelli & Melvin Design and Engineering Inc
Pete Melvin is the engineering partner in the renown US design firm of Morrelli & Melvin who designed landmark catamarans such as the America’s Cup’s only catamaran Stars and Stripes and Steve Fosset’s record breaking monster catamaran Playstation. Holding a degree in Aerospace Engineering Pete designed aircraft at McDonnell Douglas for five years before forming Morrelli & Melvin in 1992. He has been a champion sailboat racer since his youth and has won over 25 National Championships in a wide variety of dinghies, keel boats, and multihulls of all sizes. He has won three World Championships in the A Class Catamaran and competed in the 1988 Tornado Olympics. Pete also sails on larger multihulls such as the 125′ PlayStation and 60′ trimarans. He has been a crew member on five WSSRC sanctioned World Records.
High resolution images are available upon request.
A complete press kit will be available first semester 2009
For Press and Media Inquiries: Sébastien Barthez, Fine PR – + 33 (0) 621 392 845 – or firstname.lastname@example.org